Search hulkinfo

Friday 21 April 2017

An Exclusive interview with Young Fam

            Today we are meeting with one of the youngest in the industry, these guys are taking the industry by storm at a very young age 12 ,13 and 14 respectively and they are already killing the show,the trio known as Young Fam, Mellow.,Kvng and Puffy,these guys are planning to release what they call "a hot " music video by the end of the year, we are going into their world to find out what's happening in the world of these young stars.

                        Hulk Admin: Ok, Mellow, tell us, what is Young Fam all about? Why the name Young Fam?

                    Mellow ‬: The name YOUNG FAM came up with puffy ...but let me try and answer your question.We called ourselves YOUNG FAM because we are young between  the ages of 12 and14 and fam stands for family so we are young  family.That's the reason we called our group YOUNG FAM.

              Hulk Admin: ah OK it's short for young family, Puffy when did you guys formed this group?

              PUFFY :This group was formed on 16th of March 2017.I  sent mellow my track then he was inspired he also wanted to be a rapper , mellow asked me how about we form a group, I disagreed with him then he told me how a group can achieve things and how we can bring different styles and flows when you in a group then I slept on that,  next morning I told him  "ey  mellow That story about forming a group I think I agree with you" Then mellow told me about a girl from school that raps ,he said he heard her rap then he called her up that's when we added ​KVNG AI​ on the group  .

              Hulk Admin: That's interesting and quite a tale, so KVNG, how does it feel being the only female in this group?

               Kvng Ai: it's a bit threatening, I definitely feel like I always have to outdo myself most of the time ,but overall it's exciting.

                Hulk Admin: I feel you KVNG, now tell us Kvng Ai ,why did you choose this as your stage name what's the reason behind the name?

              Kvng Ai: People tell me I'm really talented and most say I might be the rap queen in the making, but I asked myself why be a Queen when you can be King, cause those are just titles.

              Hulk Admin: Haha  that is interesting,female rap king, so Mellow, tell us why you choose Mellow to be your stage name?
    
              MELLOW:Most people usually call me by Mellow because my full name is Lihlumelo so they took that Melo and made it Mellow, and I think Mellow stands for softness and kindness since Marshmallows are kind and soft in your mouth and they flow through your mouth and I flow through the beat.That's why I call my self Mellow

                   Hulk Admin: Hmm, I like marshmallows too Hahaha, how about you Puffy, what's your name stand for.?

                    PUFFY: I Named myself puffy moral because at grade 8 they use to call me *PUFF* because I  smoke weed often and I when it was stage name deciding, I came up with a lot of names but I  chose Puff and MORAL, I asked my cousins about it they told me that the name did not make sense , they said I must add Y to puff THEN IT WAS *PUFFY MORAL* 😊

                   Hulk Admin: Hahaha take it easy on the weed bro, Mellow who is your favorite African rapper and why?

                    MELLOW:NastyC is my favourite African rapper because his music talks about the things that are happening in life.Another thing I like about him is that he became famous at a young age and that's often hard in South  Africa and I don't know why!NastyC started rapping at the age of 9 and he never gave up until his dreams hit him,and I also wanna become famous at a young age.That's why Nasty is my favourite rapper

                      Hulk Admin: Hmm, What of you Puffy, who's your favourite African rapper and why?

                     PUFFY: Kwesta is my favourite African rapper because he has his own styles not taking other people's styles  . And also he raps so good and he inspired me a lot that's why he's my favourite rapper.

                    Hulk Admin: Hmm, Kvng what of you, who's your favourite African rapper in case they are reading this?

                    Kvng Ai :My favourite African rapper at the moment is AKA, because he's in his own lane doing his own thing, and that's rare, I respect that.

                    Hulk Admin: I agree with you Kvng, Mellow, being the head of the group, which top international artist would you like your group to work with if given the opportunity?

                 MELLOW:Drake because his music is dope and everyone loves him.His music calms my mind when I'm stressed or when I'm disappointed.Drake is young and experienced and he could make our music international if we could get the opportunity to work with him

             Hulk Admin: Puffy do you agree with Mellow?

               PUFFY:Yes..we really need that kind of experienced celebrity.

                Hulk Admin: Hmm OK, Kvng, as the only Female in the group, how long do you think Young Fam will last?

               Kvng Ai :Damn, I can't say, but I can guarantee It won't dissolve until it leaves a mark in the hip hop industry.

                Hulk Admin: I feel you Kvng ,Mellow what what would you say have been the biggest challenges you guys face as a group?

                  MELLOW:The biggest challenges we face as a group is Time and deciding on something as a group.When we decide to meet at a certain time , one person might not be on time but with an reasonable excuse though and deciding something is hard because someone might like this and the others won't .So we will try and come up with something that everyone is cool with.

                Hulk Admin: What do you have to say in this Kvng? Most people would say the challenges they face is finance.

               Kvng Ai :I think it's true, being me that's always late, Uhmm financially we try to set an amount each person must have for recording and stuff like that.

               Hulk Admin: It's my first time to see an upcoming acts who doesn't count finance as an issue, interesting, Mellow have your group ever worked for any labels earlier or currently?

                    MELLOW:Yes we have ,but it's not well known labels,V.I.K records is the only label we have worked for,but we are looking forward to working with well known labels.

               Hulk Admin: Which labels would you prefer to work with Mellow?

                MELLOW:Mabala Noise or OVO I like how they treat their members and they are not unfair.

                 Hulk Admin: Mellow I can see Puffy agrees with you, Puffy are you guys working on anything new ?

                   PUFFY :Yeah.we working on a  music video that will go viral I guess and hope that it will! God I pray!...

                Hulk Admin: Mellow when is this music video being released?

              MELLOW:I'm hoping it will  be released by September but we planning on doing it in June though

                Hulk Admin: Ok, good luck in all your endeavors guys, Kvng how can this group be contacted in case someone important is reading this and interested?

                 Kvng Ai :Uhmm our social media's are;
Twitter:Puffy-Puffy Moral; Mellow doesn't have Twitter; Kvng Ai- Kvngai
Facebook:Puffy-Oluhle Hlangoluhle; Lihlumelo Sapheta; Kvng Ai- Inga Ai
Instagram:Puffy-Puffy Moral; Mellow-Mellow the rapper; Kvng Ai- Kvng.ai

                Puffy : I am PUFFY MORAL on *TWITTER* and on *INSTAGRAM* TOO
Or y'all can jus *EMAIL*US ON _realyoungfam@gmail.com_
Or email me on _hlangoluhl @gmail.com_

              Hulk Admin: Ok, Kvng what's your advice to all the female upcoming artists out there?

               Kvng Ai : they must not stop grinding their time is also coming, they got this.

                 Hulk Admin: That's a strong word, Puffy, what words of encouragement do you give to other upcoming artists?

                 PUFFY : ​I encourage them to hustle till they get what they want and also have patience .that can help you a lot and also be energetic when you an artist be respectful , respect other people , don't judge other people's raps they just doing what they were meant to do . when you an artist you're more than a citizen you an inspiration to other citizens and please guys don't copy other peoples flow just do what you're good at because that's a blessing that the lord gave you and don't judge other people's gift . Be a  good artist be powerful be an inspiration do want you gotta do which is rapping don't let other people judge you don't let that affect you and your skills . DO WAT You're GOOD AT MANNNN! Be blessed stay true to yourself be born again love God love your job love your fans and  some love to the industry nigga and please guys ​DONT DISS​ other people that ain't cool.

               Hulk Admin: True bro, strong words coming from Puffy, Mellow what do you have to tell other upcoming artists and groups like yourself?

              MELLOW : I don't have much to say,guys hustle hard and fight the pain don't give up until you get what you want and if you want to be the best try to listen to your favourite artist and immerse yourself to the culture and sound of hip-hop and rap music

                  Hulk Admin: Good one guys, good one, thanks a lot for giving hulkinfo your precious time, we really appreciate and good luck to you guys,we are looking forward to seeing your video

No comments:

Post a Comment