Search hulkinfo

Friday 21 April 2017

Meet Jay Monster,the rapper from Port Elizabeth

             Jay Monster is one of the rappers their music will get you nodding your head, an upcoming act from South Africa, you all probably already know him, but for those who don't ,here is a tip of iceberg into this younglings career, he has already have a video on YouTube earning him hundreds of views and he's about to drop a new bomb, pull up ,watch out for this guy for he's the next big thing in the industry, now let's hear from him.

            Hulk Admin: So tell us Jay ,what came about Jay Monster as your stage name?

          Jay Monster: Starting Hip Hop in 2009, at the Age of 12 i only entered the Genre through Street Cyphers and Battles. It deteriorated within me to be well known just for killing Cats. The hosters respected me so much they called ma "Rap Monster". Every time i had to be on stage it was already a slogan "Here comes the Monster ". I then decided to continue with the name because it is not only battle rap that I'm a monster in.  But writing as well. The first name JAY is a prefix of my late mother's name Jowender. I decided to continue with her name as I never want to forget where i come from.

           Hulk Admin: That's pretty interesting, so you've been in the industry since age twelve, since 2009?

           Jay Monster: Yes.. haha.  Should have not mentioned that since it might give you the platform to count how old i am. But   Yes. I started in 2009.

             Hulk Admin: lol, OK, since you're a rapper who's your favorite African rapper and why?

           Jay Monster: Uhm.
That's a bit of a tough question. To me it is not about what you have or what people think about you. It is the creativity.  So my favourite artist in Africa is Tumi. I feel I have granted you the reason why I choose him.

             Hulk Admin: Hmm, yes you have, quite an interesting choice, so who is your favorite international rapper?

            Jay Monster: Travis Scott. Please don't ask an explanation this might take us the whole day! ! Haha

           Hulk Admin: Hahaha, I'm sure the fans would love to know why he's your favourite dawg.

           Jay Monster: Haha okay.. Travis Scott is a musical genius. That's all. I listen to him from his music down the road to his production.

             Hulk Admin: hu huh, Jay Monster, all your years in the industry what have been your biggest challenge?

           Jay Monster: Ahhh...  your questions fam!! Ah my biggest challenge was being in a Group rather than a movement. It has been keeping me behind and the other challenge has been funds.  Knowing the right path but lacking funds instead.

            Hulk Admin: You were in a group? What happened to your group?

           Jay Monster: Yes.. ahh. Thats really a long story right now. But to cut it short. It was the difference in our work ethics that ended up tearing us apart.

            Hulk Admin: Hmm, groups seems to have set a lot of artists back, so how are you dealing with your financial challenges so far?

            Jay Monster: Uhm. I've been applying for some sponsorships for my mixtape Tour and waiting for their response.  Nevertheless. The grind still continues.

             Hulk Admin: That's real bro, I wish you luck man, in case he's reading this, which top artist would you like to work with right now?

           Jay Monster: Thanks brother. I appreciate it. AKA I must admit his consistency has attracted my attention in a full pace.

            Hulk Admin: Hmm, why am I not surprised, do you work for any labels currently?

            Jay Monster: No. Not really in favour of a record deal.

             Hulk Admin: Have you previously worked for one?

             Jay Monster: No. I've been independent since I started with it bro.

             Hulk Admin: Hmm, how many tracks have you produced? Including the ones you're featured in.

             Jay Monster: Uhm.
The best thing out of me so far is my debut mixtape which consists of  8 tracks.  Including the ones I've featured on.  I think its 20 songs.

              Hulk Admin: Hmm, that's quite a lot, so were do you see yourself in the next two years Jay?

              Jay Monster: In the next two years I see myself working with well known artists and have collected a few accolades. However with my own label getting established.

                 Hulk Admin: Hmm, that's quite high but it ain't impossible though, I wish you the best of luck, when do we expect something new from you.?

               Jay Monster: Yeah.. a single called PULL UP..  with the release date.  We are not accurate.

                Hulk Admin: Alright, do you want to shout out to anyone, your producer or colleagues?

              Jay Monster: Yeah ofcourse bro!! Shout out to my family Heineken Gang..  Yo Geekoz,Lusher,Prince,Skyler Blaq and the rest of my supporters i wanna say thank you for holding me down. I promise to make yall proud. THE COME UP IS CRAZY!!

              Hulk Admin: Hmm,a lot of them, I'm missing in your shout bro hahaha,alright  anything to say to the fans?
              Jay Monster: Yes..  Pull UP is coming soon!!

             Hulk Admin : how can you be contacted if ,let's say, an interested label is reading this?

           Jay Monster: Jay monster SA on Facebook. Jay monster SA on Twitter and instagram.

             Hulk Admin: Any advice to upcoming artists like yourself?

            Jay Monster: Yes! Consistency is the key.

              Hulk Admin: Simple and straight to the point, that's dope ,thank for giving us your time Jay, we wish you best of luck, hopefully we will publish your Pull Up when it's out.

No comments:

Post a Comment