Search hulkinfo

Monday 24 April 2017

Let's meet Ellrequest

       Let's meet an upcoming artist coming from South Africa, Ellrequest, you will get to really know him after this interview.
    
           Hulk Admin: So, tell us, why did you choose Ellrequest as your stage name?

           Ellrequest: My Real Name Is Lungelo So I Just Took The First Letter Of My Name And Took A Name Of The Guy Who Was My DJ At That Time Which Was Request And I Added The Both For EllRequest.

            Hulk Admin: Hmm, nice combination, you derived your stage name from your former Dj, that's interesting, do you still work with him at this point?

            Ellrequest: No,He's In University Now Which Is Far From Here So The Distance Is A Big Problem.

             Hulk Admin: You must have admired him a lot to drive your stage name from his name, so what genre of music do you do and what inspired you.?

             Ellrequest: I Do Hip Hop,A Lot Of Trap And Trapsoul Mostly But I Don't Limit Myself When It Comes To Making Music,So I Think What Inspired Me Was My Brother Since He Was Also A Rapper And As I Grew Up In The Hip Hop Atmosphere I Fell In love With It Everyday

         Hulk Admin: That's nice, so who would you say is your favourite African rapper?

           Ellrequest: Well,Since You Said "Rapper" I'll Have To Go With The Young Boy A-Reece And Sarkodie.

               Hulk Admin: Nice choice dawg, I hope you do rap as fast as Sarkodi lol, do you understand his Ghanaian language?

                Ellrequest: Hahaha,Not Really But His Deliverance Says It All,From That You Can Connect With Him.

           Hulk Admin: True that, true bro, so tell us, who is your favourite international rapper and why?

         Ellrequest: Lol,I Wish You Said Trapper...But My Favourite Rapper Is Definitely AB Soul,His Deliverance And Lyrics Just Make Me Relate,I Just Relate A Lot With Him.

             Hulk Admin: Hmm, nice choice still, who's your favourite trapper?

            Ellrequest: Nationally It Has To Be Flame From The Wrecking Crew And Internationally It Has To Be The Only Travi$ Scott.

           Hulk Admin: Impressive, so Ellrequest, have you previously worked for any labels?

          Ellrequest: No I Have Been Independent From Day One.

         Hulk Admin: Hmm, when did you joined the music scene?.

              Ellrequest: I Joined The Industry In 2014 But I Only Dropped One Song And a Music That I'm Dropping soon.

              Hulk Admin: Hmm, you've not worked for any labels since then, if given the opportunity which record label would you love to work with?

          Ellrequest: I'd Like To Work With Mabala Noise And Internationally Definitely T.I's Label.

         Hulk Admin: You'll get there someday if you believe dawg, now since you joined the music scene what has been your biggest challenge?

             Ellrequest: Getting Famous Artists To Be On My Songs And The Funds For Features Or Beats.

            Hulk Admin: Ahh, funds, that's typical set back for upcoming artists, which famous artist did you try to feature?

            Ellrequest: I mean I tried a few,got rejected because of the funds.

            Hulk Admin: Wait, you tried to feature a top artist on your track and he demands for money?.

            Ellrequest: Yes,I Mean They Want The Cash Or Else There's No Track.

            Hulk Admin: Which artist is that?

            Ellrequest: Lol I Don't Want To Start Beef But Like A Lot!!

           Hulk Admin: Common Ellrequest, give me a name, they won't bite you neh?

          Ellrequest: Lol I Can't I Mean That Would Put Pressure On Me As An Underground Artist.

        Hulk Admin: Well I understand why you would want to hide their identity, so were do you see yourself in the next two years?

          Ellrequest: Probably Representing SA In That South By South West Show And Maybe Later On Get On SWAY.

          Hulk Admin: Hmm, that's pretty high, you want to send a shout out to anyone, maybe your producer or colleagues?.

         Ellrequest: Yea,A BIG Shout Out To My Producers/Team TreazonBeatz,CZLY Beatz,Junz,Chief,Mawaza,Mzolistoe And My Squad In School DeKwist,Junior,Sponji,Lwandisa,Maphanga And The Sbaliz, I know it's a lit hey😂

             Hulk Admin: Lol, you quite follow the procedure,so in case someone wants to contact you via social media, twitter, instagram and email, how can they reach you?

          Ellrequest: Facebook: Lungelo Masiya Ndlovu
Facebook Page: EllRequest Ndlovu
Email: Ndlovulungelo1504@gmail.com

          Hulk Admin: Alright Ellrequest, it's a wrap for us but before we end, what is your advice to other upcoming artists like you that are reading this?

          Ellrequest: I Just Have To Say Follow Your Dream,Your Sound And Not What's Popular At The Time And Critics Will Always Be There But Turn The Criticism To Something Beneficial And The Haters,Let Them Be Lowkey Fans Right.

            Hulk Admin: Strong one from Ellrequest ,thank you for giving us your precious time and I wish you luck in your music career, thank you.


Click here To read more on hulkinfo

No comments:

Post a Comment